Emergency Dental Care Services Offered in Vancouver, WA
Every year, one in six people suffer from a dental emergency. If you have an oral injury or condition that requires urgent treatment, come to Two Rivers Dentistry in Vancouver, WA, for emergency dental care services. Our dentist, Dr. Vaughn Teuscher, has practiced dentistry for 28 years, so he has treated a wide variety of dental emergencies.
Don’t suffer from sore gums or teeth any longer. Allow our caring and knowledgeable staff to relieve your pain and restore your smile.
What Qualifies as a Dental Emergency?
While dental emergencies are common, not every dental issue requires treatment right away. For example, a mild toothache that is not accompanied with a fever or swelling can likely wait a few days. If you are unsure whether your condition requires emergency dental care services, check out this list of qualifying situations:
- Knocked-out tooth
- Broken or cracked tooth
- Loose tooth
- Dental abscess
- Inflammation around erupting tooth
- Severe bleeding from mouth
- Swollen gums and/or face
If you are experiencing any of the above, make an appointment with our dental clinic in Vancouver, WA, as soon as possible.
What Should You Do About It?
If you have a dental emergency, you can do some things to mitigate the damage and manage the pain. Here are some steps to take for a few different situations:
- Knocked-out tooth. Pick up the tooth by the crown (never the roots), rinse it off, and place it back in the socket. If repositioning the tooth isn’t possible, then store it in milk or saliva. For the best chance of saving the tooth, see the dentist within half an hour.
- Missing filling or crown. If you lose a filling, you can fill the hole with a piece of sugar-free gum. In the case of a missing crown, use denture adhesive or dental cement to reattach it.
- Toothache. For temporary relief, rinse out your mouth with salt water, apply a pain-relieving gel to the affected gums, or use a cold compress on your cheek.
To schedule an appointment for emergency dental care services, please call our Vancouver, WA, office at (360) 256-1202.